UPDATED RESTRICTIONS FOR SEPTEMBER
As of Friday August 20TH, the government announced new changes in the restrictions that have been implemented so far. The new restrictions will start being effective on September 1st, and the biggest change is that the vehicular restriction by plates on the weekends will be eliminated.
The driving restrictions between the week will remain the same as they have been, giving the chance for people to drive four (4) out of five (5) weekdays. Following, we explain how these restrictions will work out:
- From Wednesday September 1st to Thursday 30th: The following calendar describes the plates that CANNOT circulate per day:
- Monday: 1 and 2.
- Tuesday: 3 and 4.
- Wednesday: 5 and 6.
- Thursday: 7 and 8.
- Friday: 9 and 0
- The nighttime driving ban will remain the same, as it has been since the last update: Monday through Sunday, from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- No restriction by plates on the weekends.
- The list of exceptions remains in force (you can reach out to us for the complete list).
First public event in the National Stadium
Since the vaccination process in Costa Rica is going by fast, and most of our population is already vaccinated, the government has decided they will start a testing process by organizing an open to public event, having a maximum capacity of 3000 people, all with the social distancing of 1,8 meters and mask wearing as a requirement.
This plan will initiate with the Masculine soccer team having two games at the National Stadium, open for the public, on September 5th and 8th. After this, the next phase of the plan is to host the games from the Feminine Soccer team, with the same guidelines, and these are scheduled for October 16th and 19th. After these two events open to the public, the government will strictly review if the country is ready to start hosting this type of event on a more regular basis.
Measures that will be maintained during September
- All of activities/businesses shall continue with the designated reduced capacity, and a new schedule of 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Social events: 100 people with social distancing of 1,8 meters.
- Religious events: 500 people with social distancing of 1,8 meters.
- Bars and Casinos: 25% capacity for the rest of the month of September. Starting October 1st, the capacity will increase to 50%.
- Hotels that sleep more than 100 people: 75% capacity.
- Public buses cannot take standing passengers.
- Public train can take 26 stranding passengers, according to the INCOFER protocol.
- National parks can now have 100% capacity.
- Beaches: Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. at 8:00 p.m.
For any further information and the complete list of restrictions and measures, please feel free to send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We invite you to sign up to our newsletter to receive our automatic updates (see form below in this page).