NEW RULES ON TOURISTS ENTRANCE AND EXTENDED VEHICULAR RESTRICTIONS
To relaunch tourism, the Government announced new rules for the entry of tourists into the country that will take place starting next month. As of next August 1, the travel insurance will no longer be necessary for tourists under 18 years old, or who have a complete vaccination scheme against COVID 19. Other tourists who do not met the before mentioned requirements shall still make the purchase of a travel insurance, as a condition to enter Costa Rica.
The Government also announced new vehicular restrictions, and these will go on from July 12th to August 8th. Following, we will explain how they will work out:
- From Monday July 12th to Sunday July 25th: The vehicular restriction will go back to how it used to be before COVID, which is stating per day two plates that cannot drive, however it also maintains the restriction with alternate plates on the weekends, according to the following calendar describing the plates that CANNOT circulate per day:
- Monday: 1 y 2.
- Tuesday: 3 y 4.
- Wednesday: 5 y 6.
- Thursday: 7 y 8.
- Friday: 9 y 0.
- Saturday July 17: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Sunday July 18: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Saturday July 24: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Sunday July 25: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- From Monday July 26th to Sunday August 1st: The vehicular restriction will be back to the scheme of alternate license plates for the entire week. Following, the plates that CANNOT circulate:
- Monday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Tuesday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Wednesday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9).
- Thursday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Friday: odd plates ((1, 3, 5, 7, 9
- Saturday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Sunday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- From Monday August 2nd to Sunday August 8th: The restriction will use the same scheme of alternate license plates, as the previous week, for the entire week. Following, the plates that CANNOT circulate:
- Monday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Tuesday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9).
- Wednesday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Thursday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9).
- Friday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- Saturday: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9).
- Sunday: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8).
- The nighttime driving ban remains the same: Monday through Sunday, from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- The list of exceptions remains in force (you can reach out to us for the complete list).
Restrictions for Activities and Businesses: Restrictions for Activities and Businesses have some updated changes. As follows a brief summary of the measures that will be applying starting July 12th, 2021:
- Most commercial businesses can operate from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with capacity limitations in some cases (reach out to us for the full list).
- The following activities/businesses shall continue with a reduced capacity, even though increased in some cases:
- Academic and business events: 300 people (increased from 150).
- Social events: 75 people (increased from 30).
- Religious events: 300 people (increased from 200).
- Bars and Casinos: 25% capacity.
- Hotels that sleep more than 100 people: 75% capacity.
- National parks: 50% capacity
- Public transport cannot take standing passengers.
- Public transport: may keep functioning, maintaining the ban of standing passengers.
- Beaches: May open from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. at 6:00 p.m.
For any further information and the complete list of restrictions and measures, please feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to sign up to our newsletter to receive our automatic updates (see form below in this page).