NEW CHANGES TO THE RESTRICTIONS ISSUED BY THE GOVERNMENT
Due to the increase in COVID cases in the last few weeks, the Costa Rican Government took the decision to keep restrictions until the end of May, and to go back to some of the first measurements from the pandemic. As follows, these restrictions will be explained.
- Vehicular Restriction by Plates in the whole Country:
From Monday May 10th to Monday May 31st the vehicular restriction by license plates will be applied to the whole country for the whole week, according to the following schedule (stating the plates that CANNOT circulate):
- Monday: 1, 2
- Tuesday: 3, 4
- Wednesday: 5, 6
- Thursday: 7, 8
- Friday: 9, 0
- Saturday: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
- Sunday: 2, 4, 6, 8, 0
The nighttime driving ban remains the same: Monday through Sunday, from 9:00p.m. to 5:00a.m.
- Restrictions for Activities and Businesses until May 31st:
Most commercial businesses can operate from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with capacity limitations in some cases (reach out to us for the full list).
As of May 11th, the capacity of the following activities/businesses has been reduced:
- Academic and business events from 300 to 150 people.
- Social events from 75 to 30 people.
- Religious events from 300 to 200 people.
- Bars and Casinos from 50% to 25% capacity.
- Hotels that sleep more than 100 people from 100% to 75% capacity.
- National parks from 100% to 50% capacity (except for Poás Volcano).
- Public transport cannot take standing passengers.
- Public transport: may keep functioning, maintaining the ban of standing passengers.
- Beaches: may open from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. at 6:00 p.m.
For any further information and the complete list of restrictions, please feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Stay safe!
Don´t forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive our automatic updates (see form below in this page).