EXTENSION OF RESTRICTIONS UNTIL JUNE 6TH
On May 28th, 2021, the Government announced it will continue enforcing the measures implemented to face the sanitary emergency as follows:
- Vehicular Restriction by Plates in the whole Country: The vehicular restriction implemented under a scheme of alternate license plates will be kept from May 31st to June 6th, according to the following calendar describing the plates that CAN circulate per day:
- Monday May 31st: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Tuesday June 1st: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Wednesday June 2nd: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Thursday June 3rd: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Friday June 4th: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
- Saturday June 5th: even plates (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
- Sunday June 6th: odd plates (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)
The nighttime driving ban remains the same: Monday through Sunday, from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
The list of exceptions remains in force (you can reach out to us for the complete list).
- Restrictions for Activities and Businesses: Restrictions for Activities and Businesses remain almost the same, with minor changes. As follows a brief summary of the measures to be applied starting May 31st, 2021:
- Most commercial businesses can operate from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.,with capacity limitations in some cases (reach out to us for the full list).
- The following activities/businesses shall continue with a reduced capacity:
- Academic and business events: 150 people.
- Social events: 30 people.
- Religious events: 200 people.
- Bars and Casinos: 25% capacity.
- Hotels that sleep more than 100 people: 75% capacity.
- National parks: 50% capacity (except for Poás Volcano).
- Public transport cannot take standing passengers.
- Public transport: may keep functioning, maintaining the ban of standing passengers.
- Beaches: May open from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 a.m. at 6:00 p.m.
- Schools closing: The suspension of face-to-face classes for public schools is confirmed until July 9th. Private schools can maintain their normal schedule with online classes.
For any further information and the complete list of restrictions and measures, please feel free to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Stay safe!
Don´t forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive our automatic updates (see form below in this page).
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.